2022 Class Dates
July 28, 29, 30, 31
Alternate bad weather dates - we will make every effort to give a two week bad weather "class delayed" notice.
AWT Long Range Class Video
This class is the most comprehensive and detailed available concerning all aspects of long range shooting and everything required as well as everything that affects making a successful first round long range shot.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN, TAKE AWAY, AND WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE CLASS
Cost is $1,200.00. Good hotel rates close to shop.
The long range class includes morning classroom instruction and afternoons on the range.
1. The History of Sniping
2. Requirements for Making the Long Shot
3. Making a Long Range First Shot Hit
4. Ranging and Range Estimation
5. Optics, Reticles, and Bases
6. Trouble Shooting the Inaccurate Rifle
7. Basic Fundamentals of the Loaded Round
8. Feeding Characteristics
9. Factory Rounds and Lot Numbers
10. Bullet Selection
11. Powder Selection for Barrel Harmonics
12. Effects of Primers and types of primers on Accuracy
13. Case Prep for the Handloader
14. Loading for Accuracy and Distance
15. What it Takes to Build an Accurate Rifle
16. Barrel Selection, Threading, Chambering, and Barrel Throat
17. Actions and Bolts
18. Stock Selection
19. Fitting the Barreled Action to the Stock
20. Barrel Wear
21. Environmental Factors that Affect Accuracy
Items and Equipment Needed for Class
A rifle capable of 1 MOA accuracy at a1000 yds. (10 inches)
243, 243 AI, 6 Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6 X 284, 6.5 X 284, (308 is the minimum caliber at 1000 yards for proper preformance), 7mm mag, 7mm RUM, 300 RUM, 300 win mag, 300 PRC, 338 Lapua.
250 rounds of good quality ammunition
Good quality scope with ability to zero from100 yds. To 1000 yds. Adjustable power with a range of 6 to 20 or higher is ideal.
Binoculars or spotting scope suggested but not mandatory
D.O.P.E. / logbook
Cell phone or a pair of walkie-talkies (optional)
Notebook and pen/pencil
Laptop computer (optional)
Current reloading manual that has your caliber specific data